Who we are
PayGuard Technology Pty Ltd (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
As part of Our normal business operation We collect certain personal information from Our clients. This policy sets out the basis on which We process any such personal information that We collect or that you provide to Us. Please read this policy carefully to understand Our practices regarding your personal information.
By visiting www.pay-guard.com and the PayGuard iOS or Android Mobile Application (“Our Sites”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information you give Us
- You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our sites or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our sites, subscribe to Our services, place a transaction on Our sites or report a problem with Our sites. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit information.
- You may give Us information relating beneficiaries to enable us to deliver Our services. This may be through filling in forms on Our sites or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. You must obtain appropriate consent before disclosing such information to Us. The information you give Us may include their name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit information.
Information We collect about you
With each visit to Our sites We may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer, that allows Us to distinguish you from other users of Our sites. These cookies help Us to provide you with a good experience when you browse Our sites. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our sites.
They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our sites when they are using them. This helps Us to improve the way Our sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to Our sites. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, by remembering your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our sites.
Purpose of using your information
Processing Account Data.
We may process data associated with your User account (“Account Data”). The Account Data may include your name and email address. The source of the Account Data is, generally, you. The Account Data may be processed for the purposes of operating the Platform, providing our services, ensuring the security of the Platform and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases, and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is your consent hereunder and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Platform and business.
Processing Profile Data.
We may process your information included in your personal profile on the Platform (“Profile Data”). Profile Data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, language, geographic region, and currency units. Profile Data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our Platform and services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent hereunder and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Platform and business.
Processing Service Data.
We may process your User Information that is provided during the use of our services (“Service Data”). The Service Data may include data concerning your use of the Platform, content and resources accessible thereon, and behaviour therewith. Service Data may also include User and Customer Information that is submitted to the Platform in the form of User Submissions. The source of the Service Data is, generally, you or your customers who are utilizing the Platform. Service Data may be processed for the purposes of operating our Platform, providing our services, ensuring the security of our Platform and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. Service Data may also be processed for: (i) negotiations on the conclusion or amendment of contracts; (ii) the performance of contracts and the provision of services thereunder; (iii) the performance of legal obligations with respect to contracts; (iv) billing of contract claims and performance of payment obligations thereunder; (v) performance of accounting and tax obligations; (vi) debt collection and the enforcement of other claims; (vii) evaluation of the solvency of customers; (viii) contacting the User; and (ix) marketing activities including, without limitation, the management of customer records, marketing surveys, customer satisfaction surveys, and User outreach. The legal basis for this processing is your consent hereunder and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Platform and business.
As necessary to perform our contractual obligations. – To ensure we process payments and fulfil our side of the contract we will process transaction information, verification information and phone recordings.
As necessary to comply with our legal obligations. – As a services company we must collect and process certain information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. These include for:
- Completing due diligence to prevent money laundering and financial crime
- Financial and tax reporting and bookkeeping
- Establishment and defence of legal rights
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime
Information on connected parties and beneficiaries is used for the purpose it is collected to comply with regulations and to make payments on the Client’s behalf. We will not use this information to market to the non-registered individual unless they have specifically consented to receive these communications.
How we use your information
Information you give to Us. – We will use this information:
- Where required to protect your vital interests or that of another natural person
- Where performing tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority invested in Us
Information we collect about you. – We will use this information:
- To administer Our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve Our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our services, when you choose to do so;
- As part of Our efforts to keep Our sites safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information We receive from other sources. – We will use this information:
We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Information We disclose about you
We will never sell your personal data without your consent. We may share your information with selected third parties. Where this is necessary, We are required to comply with all aspects of the Regulation. We may share some of your personal information with analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
Where We store your personal information
All your personal information will be afforded a high level of protection wherever it is processed and no matter whether it is held by Us, or Our contractors or agents.
All information you provide to Us is stored under Our control. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Should you have particular concerns about a method of data transmission, We will take reasonable steps to provide an alternative method.
Retaining your Data
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for providing our service to you and will not hold or process your information for any longer than we are legally required to. The criteria used to determine the appropriate retention includes:
- Regulatory requirements PayGuard Technology Pty Ltd is subject to whether a legal claim could be brought against PayGuard Technology Pty Ltd
- Necessity of information to provide our service to our customers
- The legal basis for processing – e.g. consent
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any changes that will affect you, we will be sure to let you know. This will always be published publicly on our website here.